The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD offers a full continuum of crisis-related services to help stabilize and improve psychological symptoms of distress. By implementing innovative and evidence-based treatment plans for individuals experiencing a psychiatric emergency, our services can provide personalized treatment plans for those in need. The Harris Center’s Crisis Services Continuum utilizes five core services including:
- Coordinated Specialty Care is a recovery-oriented treatment program that promotes shared decision making and utilizes a team of specialists who develop specialized treatment plans for individuals with first episode psychosis.
- Mobile Crisis Outreach Teams provide in-person assistance to people who are at-risk of harm to themselves or others, offering 24/7 counseling services to people in their home, at school or another location.
- Crisis Respite Unit offers stays up to seven days providing counseling services and medication to individuals who are deemed low-risk to harming themselves and others.
- Crisis Stabilization Units offer short-term (maximum 14 days) residential treatment designed to reduce acute symptoms of mental illness provided in a secure and protected clinically staffed treatment facility.
- Extended Observation Units provides up to 48 hours of emergency and crisis stabilization services in a secure and clinically-staffed treatment facility with immediate access to urgent or emergency medical evaluation and treatment. Individuals are provided appropriate and coordinated transfer to a higher levels of care when needed.
The Harris Center offers:
- A triple-aim approach to care
- Improving the patient experience of care
- Improving the health of populations
- Reducing the per capita cost of health care
- Innovative, evidence-based practices
- Internationally recognized standards of care receiving a CARF® accreditation for quality of services
- Premiere crisis services across Harris County as a certified community behavioral health clinic certification through the Texas Health and Human Services